Mastering Motorcycle Tours in India: Ready to Ride
Whether you are a wanderer to explore new cultures or an avid rider who wants to enjoy the destination and journey, you have landed at the right place. Embarking on the Motorbike Tour is more than a journey, it’s a great way of providing a distinct outlook for travel. from serene landscapes to bustling streets with great enthusiasm.
From planning the trip to navigating diverse terrains, and discovering the culture of India- this blog got you covered. Get ready for an exhilarating ride where every turn will give you a new experience.
Why India is so famous for motorcycle tours?
There are a few factors that make India a perfect country to have many bike road trips.
- Divergent Landscapes: India has a diverse topography ranging from magnificent Himalayas in the North to rugged terrains to coastal lines in the South. We have Deserts, waterfalls, forests, and plains all in one country. There is something for every bike rider.
- Richness of Culture: India is full of historical landmarks, ancient temples, high-spirited cities, forts, and palaces. There are many places where one can visit only by foot or a two-wheeler.
- Zeal for discovery: There is always unpredictability on Indian roads, sometimes it’s a remote area, and at times there is too much traffic in the city. A few routes are just too broad and a few of them barely give space to move on. This uncertainty gives an adrenaline rush to all the bikers. At times, one can detour and find a new way altogether. This gives riders the flexibility to explore the unexplored.
- Accessibility and affordability: India is a perfect country to plan Motorcycle Tours being affordable. Be it a budget traveler or one who wants to go in a particular season. The rates are economical enough so that you can plan more Road Trips. The starting point of all the tours is mostly easily accessible.
- Dedicated Enclave: A lot of meet-ups or gatherings happen for the people who want to take the bike tours. This expands the groups and fosters trust with all to travel together. The passion for motorcycling brings many people closer.
- Influence of Royal Enfield: Royal Enfield organizes tours itself. They give many bikes for rent to the ones who cannot afford to buy them. This motivates riders to participate in the tour.
Essential Considerations Before Planning Motorcycle Tour:
To enjoy safe rides and create memories, one should consider the following factors before planning the trip:
- Planning of Route: One should research the conditions of the road of the circuit you want to opt for. Note the distance and the key spots which will be covered. Also, keep in mind the weather conditions of that state. A lot of breaks will be there in between so better plan it according to your driving ability. It’s always a good idea to talk to locals in advance, if possible, about the route and also which routes should be avoided. Locals can also guide you about upcoming festivals or any cultural gatherings.
- Maintenance of motorcycle: The Motorbike should be properly maintained and top-notch. There is no other joy than steering your vehicle to any pristine destination. All the parts of the bike like brakes, tires, throttle cable, spark plugs, clutch cable, electrical systems, and fluids should work fine. Get your motorbike serviced beforehand so that in any circumstance, spare parts are also available. The bike should be in impeccable condition so that it can fight any battle on the road. If you are traveling with any company then no need to worry about all this as they cover everything in the charges.
- Documentation required: All the required documents for the motorcycle like the paper of registration, and travel insurance should be handy. Also, personal identification documents like Passports or Aadhar cards should be easily available.
- Choose the right company: If you like to travel solo then this is the best time to take out the bike and have a tour. You will have the freedom and flexibility to plan your itinerary and timings. But if you love to socialize, and speak; you should choose the correct Tour Operators to plan your Motorbike Tour. They will provide you with minute details of the trip and provide you an itinerary. You can make beautiful memories from your epic bike trip.
- Gear up for safety: The idea here is to stay safe and not stylish. Wear an armored jacket, helmet, armored pants, gloves, and riding boots. Wear knee and shin guards as well. Do carry a first aid kid in case of any emergency.
- Pack Light for the trip: Saddlebags, waterproof bags, or tail bags; whichever you choose should be appropriate for your trip. Always remember the key mantra is “lighter is better”. You will learn perfect packing with experience only. There are many online hacks available to pack your clothes and stuff minimizing the space, check out those videos.
- Accommodation and Communication: Remember to book the places where you are planning to in advance. Sometimes, it’s very difficult to book anything last minute so better to be prepared. Also, carry an extra sim card or phone according to the location of traveling for communicating. Emergency contacts should be saved with you. A proper check of extra fuel is also very important.
- A Fortuity plan: Sometimes the weather is not good or any road is closed or any unseen activity occurs, there should be a contingency plan. No one can immediately do anything until you have a Plan B. You should be prepared enough for the nearby routes, cities, and stays. Also, carry a sufficient amount of cash as many places do not have ATMs and many people accept only cash in remote areas.
Famous bike tour circuits of India are:
- Leh-Ladakh bike trip
- Manali to Spiti valley
- Rajasthan Circuit
- Coastal Karnataka circuit
- Sikkim Silk route
- Himalayan Odyssey- Delhi to Shimla to Manali
- Western Ghats Circuit
- Konkan coastline Ride
- Hemis to Tso Moriri circuit
- The Golden Quadrilateral
The best way to understand and explore any city is to walk through but that is not feasible. This is why motorcycle tours are the next possible way out. Only a bike rider can feel the experience of that breeze, dust, rain, or any kind of weather that he comes across while traveling. It is inexplicable and can only be felt. So, hopefully, these tips will help you have hassle hassle-free journey. Since many things are natural and not in our control so be prepared mentally and physically for the unseen and create great memories. Now hit the road and feel the breeze on your face.