Trans Himalayan Motorcycle Tour
Come and experience the pleasures of mountain biking as we take you on an exciting and wondrous journey through the scenic locales of Himachal Pradesh.
On this Adrenalin-pumping bike ride, you will enjoy some pure biking fun as we explore the mesmerizing terrains of Spiti Valley, ride along the beautiful River Chandra, pass through numerous quaint villages and make our way towards the breathtaking Kinnaur Valley.
Also known as ‘The Middle Land’, Spiti Valley is a beautiful mountain valley in the Himalayas, standing between India and Tibet in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
There is a whole lot of adventure in the Trans Himalayan Motorbike Tour is stunning natural beauty and socio-cultural experiences awaiting you. The fresh mountain air beckons. Are you ready?
Day 01: Arrive Delhi
Day 02: Delhi = Kalka = Dharampur – Shimla by surface (Approx 120 kms/04 hrs journey)
Overnight stay at hotel
Day 03: Visit Shimla on the Royal Enfield
After breakfast we proceed on Royal Enfield to visiting the capital of Himachal Pradesh with Vice Regal Lodge (known as Indian advance studies) and Jakho templeJakhu Temple, Hanuman Temple or stop for a while at the beautiful stained – glass – windows of Christ Church, which was built in the 1850 ‘s. Afternoon visit Kufri a 30 Minutes drive from Shimla, well known picnic sport during British raj, this is an exotica of nature as a place surrounded by dense forest and snow caped mountains amidst virgin peaks and natures flora and fauna where one can completely relax and tune oneself for natural beauty.
Afternoon visit The Christ Church, The Ridge, The Mall and bustling Lower Bazaar market. Overnight stay at hotel
Day 04: Shimla/Sarahan (Approx 175 Kms / 06-07 Hrs Ride)
Today ride to Sarahan (known as Baspa Valley) is a most holy place in Baspa Valley. On arrival check in at hotel.After refreshment walk in the village where you will see old Himachali traditional houses
Evening witness the Aarti ceremony at Bhimakali temple. Overnight stay at Sarahan.
Day 05: Sarahan – Kalpa (Approx 90 kms/ 3-4 Hrs Ride)
Travel from Sarahan to Kalpa located next to District town Rikongpio of Kinnur Valley. After refreshment at hotel proceed to administration office for obtaining special permit to entering the restricted zone of Spiti valley. During the process of permission in Rikongpio will have chance to visit local market of district town.Overnight stay at hotel
Day 06: Kalpa – Nako – Tabo (Approx 150 Kms/ 5-6 Hrs Ride)
Post breakfast ride to Tabo en route visiting confluence of Satluj & Spiti rivers at Khab, proceed to Tabo with take a stop at Gyu Village known as the mummy of Monk (approx 6000 years old).On arrival, check in, after refreshment evening visit the magnificent Tabo Gompa which is the one of highlight in Spiti monasteries. This monastery was founded in 996 AD by the great teacher Richensang-po, Tabo is renowned for its breathtaking murals and stucco images – and is often called “The Ajanta of the Himalayas”. The largest monastic complex in Spiti, the old section has 9 temples, 23 chortens, a monks chamber and a nuns chamber. There are several caves adorned with frescoes and contemporary structures too. In trans Himalayan Buddhism, Tabo’s sanctity is next only to Tibet’s Tholing gompa. Overnight stay at Tabo
Day 07: Tabo – Dhankar Lake – Kaza (Approx 85 kms/ 05 – 06 Hrs Ride)
After leisurely breakfast will ride towards Kaza while stopping to admire the serenity of village life at the Shichling and Chhorden villages. Interestingly, these scenic villages are situated on the banks of a peaceful river.Next stop at Dhankar a unexplored village of Spiti Valley. After the visit continue our ride to Kaza (the major town of Spiti Valley). Overnight stay at Kaza.
Day 08: Ride to Ki Monastery – Hikkim & Komic Village
Day 09: Kaza – Tandi over Kunzum Pass (Approx 170 Kms/ 5-6 Hrs Ride)
Day 10: Tandi – Rohtang pass – Manali (Approx 116 Kms/ 7 Hrs Ride) – Last day of riding
Early witness breathtaking sun-rise from the camp-site, post mountain breakfast proceed to Manali climbing over Rohtang Pass (3980 m), stop at Marhi for lunch. Post lunch head to Manali.Evening farewell dinner + cocktail with cruise members. Overnight stay at Manali.
Day 11: Manali – Chandigarh (Approx 295 Kms / 08 Hrs Drive)
Chandigarh = Delhi (By Evening Train)
Overnight stay at Delhi
Day 12: Adieu
Fixed Departure Calendar & Prices
14 Sep 2019 – 27 Sep 2019
29 Sep 2019 – 10 Oct 2019
The cost based on twin sharing basis
US$ 1700 Per Person
Single Room Supplement
US$ 1300 Per Person
- Accommodation in mentioned or similar hotels on twin sharing basis. Check in/ out time is 12 noon
- Half board basis at places of stay (breakfast & dinner included), Expect Delhi stay would be on Breakfast only
- All arrival/departure transfer by Toyota Innova/Tempo Traveler as per above program
- Assistance for arrival/departure at airport/railway station
- Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle with gearshift on the left from Shimla to Manali
- Fuel/Gas and engine oil are included
- Basic spare parts (Tyres-Tubes, Clutch & Accelerator wire, Engine oil, chain lock etc) are included
- Royal Enfield Motorbike mechanic
- Road captain/route expert with private motorbike
- 4×4 Support vehicle to carry the luggage’s/ spare part’s/fuel etc…
- Entrances Fee to places of visit (one time only)
- Train ticket from Delhi to Chandigarh and back (seat on chair car basis)
- Toy train ticket from Kalka to Dharampur
- Bonfire (at once)
- Inner line Permit & all wildlife/environmental fee
- First Aid kit along with Oxygen cylinder containing adequate stock of the most frequently – needed medicine (if you have any medicine suggested by your physician then please carry at your end)
- All current applicable taxes
- Airfare (International/domestic)
- Bike Damage
- Still & Video Camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch & beverages
- Security deposit (Inr 15000) refundable amount
- Personal nature expenses like tips, gratuities, portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks
- Any item not specified under cost inclusions